Wednesday, March 7, 2012

This is how you know it's an obsession

You know it's an obsession when you're unable to take time away from it to write about your obsessions in your blog which is solely designed to write about your obsessions. Thus was my last, which is thankfully no more. It's a stupid iPhone game called Galaxy On Fire 2. In the last couple of weeks I've spent 61 hours playing it. I know this because the stupid game keeps track. Anyway, I'm done.

My new thing is learning Spanish. I recommend getting the BrainScape app for learning anything. It's a flashcard app with a small twist, but the system is remarkably better than normal flashcards. When you answer a question, you rate your knowledge of the answer subjectively from 1 to 5. The lower your rate it, the shorter the time period before it comes up again. It's super effective.

Update on the xwords - my first puzzle will be published in the NYT on Friday 3/23. There may be a shortage of papers in San Francisco that day because I will be buying all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment